Every one of us wants that his/her generator will remain in good condition for a long time. If you also want this, there’s a need for proper maintenance of your generator so that it works smoothly for an extended period. By doing the proper maintenance, the generator will work smoothly and ensure longevity. It will not stop working in any situation.
So if you don’t know how to change the oil, and how to reset the Generac generator after an oil change? Don’t worry, it is not that difficult. In this article, I’ll give all the information related to resetting the Generac generator including flashing green light and many more.
The most important and main maintenance on a generator is to change its oil. If you don’t do so timely, your Generic generator may not work properly, it gives you a warning of low battery and you may also face other troubleshooting.
Follow the steps given in the article so that you can easily reset your Generac generator after an oil change. After that, your generator will work smoothly, but it is requested to read till the end so that you won’t miss any important steps and don’t do any mistakes. Let’s dive into the article.
What do I need to know before starting a generator?
It is quite easy to start a Generac generator. Before starting it, it is recommended to follow the steps given below:
- It is always good to see the manual of the equipment you want to run. Check the manual first and then look for some other things.
- Look for any Gas leakage or damage in the generator.
- Look for the Oil and Gas levels.
- It is recommended to run your generator at least 15 feet away from your house. Never try to run it inside your home.
- Never run your generator in a storm as it can cause Electric shock and can also damage the engine of the generator.
- It is recommended to start the Generator before connecting it to your house so that there’s not enough load attached to the generator. Before starting, it is always good to disconnect all cords.
How to Start a Generac Generator?
Now, the next step is to turn on the Generator. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, switch on the fuel valve of the Generator.
- After that, switch on the Generator’s choke.
- The next step is to switch on the engine or ignition switch.
- After that, pull the recoil cord to start the engine.
- The Generator’s engine will start, and after some moments of starting, move the choke back to the run position.
Now, the final step is to connect the Generator to your home. Let the Generator run for some time before plugging in any cords. After 4-5 minutes, start connecting the Generator to your house.
How to Reset the Generac Generator after an Oil Change?
As mentioned earlier, it is always good to maintain your essential things. After changing the Generator’s oil, it is good to reset it. The resetting procedure is quite easy, simply follow the steps one by one so that you can easily do so and don’t mess with it.
- First of all, switch off the Generator.
- Wait for about half a minute when you switch off the Generator.
- After waiting, move the generator to its manual position. By doing so, your Generator will switch on.
- The next step is to test your Generator. Run it for about 4 to 5 minutes in manual mode.
- Wait for some time, and shut off the Generator again.
- Again wait for about half a minute so that the Generator completely switches off.
- Now it’s time to move the Generator again into the Auto position.
Follow all steps one by one. After following the above steps you have successfully reset your Generator. Hopefully, now your Generator will work fine.
How to reset maintenance due to light on Generac Generator?
Resetting a Generac generator is not that difficult. However, you have to do it wisely as there are some things that can cause it to fail that’s why you have to do so very safely and wisely. Turn your Generator in the Off mode so that you can reset its maintenance due to light.
Keep in mind that if there’s an alarm that exists on your Generator, make sure to clear it before resetting the maintenance due light. For clearing the generator’s alarm, move your Generator to safe mode by pressing the enter button twice. After pressing the enter button twice, the Generator’s alarm will clear and as a result, your Generator will move to stop mode.
What Does the Green, Yellow, and Red Lights Mean on a Generac Generator?
Generac generators come in three different lights which are placed outside the generator. Lights come in Red, Yellow, and Green colors. Each light is designed for a specific purpose. You must know the function of each light.
The Green light means that there’s no need for maintenance, everything is okay.
The Yellow light means that there’s a need for maintenance, this color also means that the battery charger of the generator has lost its power.
The Red color means that there’s some fault in the generator. You have to fix that fault, otherwise, your generator will not run smoothly.
How to Reset the Red Light on the Generac Generator?
So you have to reset the Red light in order to run your Generator smoothly. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- First of all, switch off your Generator by pressing the Off button.
- After that, press the Up, Down, Esc, and Enter buttons.
- If you want to navigate through the options, use the Up button to do so. Navigate through options and look for “DEALER”, after that simply press Enter.
- After clicking the “DEALER” option, look for the “DEALER EDIT” option and then simply press Enter.
- The next step is to look for Reset Maintenance. Use the Up button to do so. After finding, simply press Enter.
- You are done with most of the steps. Now, it’s time to press the Esc button until the generator’s screen display starts blinking. After that, press the Enter button again.
- it’s time to take the generator back to its automatic mode. To do so, simply press the Auto button.
If you have followed the steps rightly, the generator’s display should say “Ready to run”. Hopefully, now the generator’s red light turns green. If it turns green, you can now safely run the generator again.
How to Reset the yellow Light on the Generac Generator?
If you reset the yellow light on your Generac Generator then it will automatically tell about its maintenance when needed. If the yellow light blinks it does not mean that your generator will not work properly so you should not worry about its shutoff. However, you just have to change its oil or check other maintenance. Follow just three simple steps to reset the yellow light on the Generac Generator.
- Switch off the Generator.
- Press Enter two times.
- Switch the Generac Generator to auto mode.
Then the yellow light will blink when your Generator needs maintenance or runs out of battery.
Power Restored but Generator still running
If your Generator is still running after power is restored, don’t worry. Some Emergency Generators today available in the market are designed in such a way that they continue running for some time even after the power is restored. They do so to make sure that the electricity flow from the Utility company is stable as well as continuous.
The Generac Generator Reset After an Oil Change – FAQs
To conclude here, it is always good to maintain your Generator or any other essential thing after some time. Maintaining anything will make sure your equipment will run for a long time. It also prevents the equipment from any damage.
Make sure to check the Light indicator of your generator. If it is red, there’s some fault in it and you have to fix that in order to run the generator smoothly. Hopefully, now you have understood how to reset the Generac generator after an oil change. However, it is requested to carefully, change the Oil and after that carefully reset the generator.